Read This First Before Posting
Printed From: Gringoes.com
Forum Name: House Rules
Forum Discription: New to the forum? Then read here
Printed Date: 20 June 2013 at 02:18
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 8.05a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Topic: Read This First Before Posting
Posted By: SteelRat
Subject: Read This First Before Posting
Date Posted: 09 February 2006 at 17:02
The Short Version
- post constructively
- don't post advertising
- don't abuse other users
- don't feed the trolls
- use the "!report" button below a post to get the forum administrators' attention for abusive posts, advertising etc.
Failing to post constructively, being abusive, and posting adverts are likely to result in your account being suspended with no warning.
The Long Version
Gringoes.com is a free public discussion forum about Brazil, where we want forum members to feel free to post and discuss positively without threat of harassment.
You are welcome to join and post messages as long as you abide by the house rules. We mandate that you do not divulge your real identity or contact information on this forum. We cannot be held responsible for any comments (defamatory or otherwise) made by any members on this board, but we will make every effort to remove comments that contravene house rules below. All content on this board becomes copyright of gringoes.com and we reserve the right to delete or maintain this content as we see fit.
Gringoes.com forum members are expected to act in a community-spirited way. Behaving in an anti-social manner is likely to get your account suspended. If a gringoes.com forum member feels that someone is behaving in an anti-social manner, they should use the '!report' button below the specific problem post to alert the administrators. Abuse of the reporting system will also result in your account being suspended.
- No harassment. Repeatedly posting personal or offensive comments that are abusive, threatening, offensive, obscene, harassing, harmful, inflammatory, racist or otherwise objectionable may be considered harassment. We also will not tolerate feuds between members that are brought to the forum. We reserve the right to remove such messages and take action against those responsible
- Only make written contributions that are your own work or to which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights
- You may not post any defamatory or illegal material of any nature. Posting a message with the intention of committing an illegal act is strictly prohibited
- Spamming/flooding. Please only post once in the most relevant forum. Repeated posts may be deleted.
- Any contribution that breaks the rules will be removed, and offenders risk being banned from the site
- Multiple accounts registered by the same person will also be suspended, particularly if abused.
- Gringoes.com reserves the right to change the house rules from time to time by publishing any amendments in this post. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the house rules. By submitting a post you confirm your acceptance of any changes
The following Member Names are not allowed:
- Contain your real name
- Contain website or email addresses
- Contain contact information i.e. phone numbers, postcodes etc.
- Appear to impersonate someone else
- Contain swear words or are otherwise objectionable
- We recommend you do not use your actual name as your username, and if you do it is at your own risk
We reserve the right to delete messages which:
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain
- Are seen to impersonate someone else
- Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Are considered to be 'spam', that is posts containing the same. or similar, message posted multiple times
- Are considered to be off-topic for the particular message board
Posted By: SteelRat
Date Posted: 09 June 2013 at 12:06
Just to add, when reporting spam two things will help the administrators here:
1. Please reply to the spam post to say you have reported it, to save others doing it (and us being bombarded by report emails).
2. Just report one item, even if multiples are posted. We will check for all spam against the username.