Forum Description: Sorting out the paperwork in Brazil
URL: http://www.gringoes.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14610
Printed Date: 30 July 2014 at 04:01
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: revalidacao de diploma-mestrado
Posted By: wombat
Subject: revalidacao de diploma-mestrado
Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 11:35
Does anyone have any new information about getting your foreign diploma officially recognized? -revalidacao de diploma.
I just read the previous posts from Sven Erik van 't Veer, about this subject. How does one get this done efficiently, economically, and in good time??? maybe this a contradiction of ideas, knowing much about brazillian beaucracy-LOL.

I would like to get my masters degree recogonized by the ministry of education -MEC, to facilitate future teaching jobs in universities in brasil. I have previously taught without doing this. and i am a permanent resident of Brazil, and an old timer at that. Presently in Florida
Thanks,

-------------
Illegitimi non carborundum- Não deixem que os canalhas te esmaguem.

Replies:
Posted By: sven
Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 12:45
Contradiction of ideas. Takes a 6 months to a year, depending on the Univeristy. Some universities only allow you to enter with a pedido at a certain time.

Posted By: Gringodude
Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 13:52

Your easiest route is through your local consulate, back home..

-------------
Keeping the BrazilianLifestyle

"Have a great day everyone" - Ray
"You know who you are, now go and reflect!" - Esprit

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 13:58
Sven, Thank you for your quick response. I have been communicating with the department that does this at Univ Fed Brazilia, and see that they will only receive these requests from February to the first of June this year, and this includes a personal meeting with them during this period. Were you successful in getting your diplomas revalidated by this process. the fee for the mestrado would be r700, and i dont know what the cost of the official translation. I will paste their word document here for you to see
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Revalidação de Diplomas de Pós-Graduação

É o processo que declara os diplomas de cursos de pós-graduação (stricto sensu) expedidos por estabelecimentos estrangeiros equivalentes aos diplomas emitidos no Brasil.

Documentação Pessoal

• carteira de identidade;
  • visto de residência no Brasil (para estrangeiros);
  • Curriculum Vitae.

Documentação Acadêmica

• diploma de graduação, com autenticação consular;
  • diploma de pós-graduação a ser revalidado, com autenticação consular;
  • histórico escolar e/ou ata de defesa;
  • ementas das disciplinas cursadas;
  • informações sobre o curso e sobre a instituição em que concluiu a pós-graduação;
  • exemplar da tese, dissertação ou trabalho equivalente;
  • taxa administrativa (mestrado R$ 700,00 e doutorado R$ 1.200,00)
  • A Comissão poderá solicitar informações ou documentação complementar que, a seu critério, forem consideradas necessárias.

1º passo: conferência da documentação

A conferência será realizada na Secretaria de Administração Acadêmica-SAA (subsolo da Reitoria), no horário das 8h às 17h (horário experimental), no período de 02/04/2012 a 01/06/2012.

2º passo: pagamento da taxa

O depósito deverá ser feito diretamente no caixa de atendimento do Banco do Brasil (não usar envelope)

Agência 1607-1 / Conta 170.500-8.

O correntista do Banco do Brasil poderá fazer uma transferência para a Conta Única do Tesouro:

1º Código Identificador: 154040.15257.288381 / 2º Código Identificador: CPF do titular da conta.

O pagamento da taxa administrativa deverá ser feito apenas após a conferência da documentação.

3º passo: protocolização da documentação

A documentação deverá ser entregue na Subsecretaria de Comunicação Administrativa - SCA (Protocolo Geral da UnB), no térreo da Reitoria.

Os diplomas de graduação e pós-graduação deverão ser autenticados em consulado brasileiro do país em que funcionar o estabelecimento de ensino que os expediu. O procedimento de autenticidade é dispensado para os diplomas expedidos por instituições francesas e argentinas. A autenticação consular não é necessária para o diploma de graduação expedido no Brasil;

A documentação deverá estar traduzida para a língua portuguesa, por tradutor público juramentado, exceto quando estiver em língua inglesa, francesa ou espanhola;

A cópia da documentação apresentada deverá estar autenticada em cartório, ou poderá ser autenticada na SAA, mediante a apresentação da documentação original e a respectiva cópia simples;

É obrigatória a apresentação da cópia do diploma a ser revalidado. O certificado ou atestado não será aceito em substituição ao diploma;

A documentação deverá ser apresentada na SAA pelo próprio requerente ou por outra pessoa desde que esta apresente uma procuração registrada em cartório. Não receberemos solicitação por correio.

O recebimento de processos será limitado ao total de seis pedidos para o nível de mestrado e seis para o nível de doutorado para cada Programa de Pós-Graduação;

Não há revalidação de diploma de especialização (lato sensu); 

A solicitação de Revalidação de Diploma obedecerá aos prazos estabelecidos no Calendário de Pós-Graduação;

Contato: revalidacao@unb.br  

--------------------------------------------------------

it appears that i would need to get my diploma and historia authentificated at the Brazil consulate in Miami.

there are other locations in Brazil that might do this whole think free or for less and if you know of some way to reduce the expense and time, i would appreciate your information.
thanks again for your reply.Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 14:02
Since you mentioned the consulate, are you suggesting that the consulate might do everthing (revalidacao de diploma) or only authentificate the diploma and transcript. i have posted the protocol as an reply to Sven today.
thanksWink

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 14:10
I had to process everything through them, you're safer that way anyhow. If you show up at some government facility asking them to process your foreign documents, you're likely to be sent away! lol...

Not to mention the consulate in your home country must process your local documents...

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 14:14
But did you get a document stating that your masters degree is validated by MEC, or did they just state that you, you have the right papers to continue your studies in Brazil.

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 14:33
I 'just' finished my masters in december. Meaning I only validated my undergrad degree and transcripts. They told me you can only have themv validated by your local consulate, that means if your country has more than one, like Canada, whichever jurisdiction applies to your University. And of course they need to be officially sealed and signed etc. You pay the processing fee and that's it..

I applied to study and I can say that nothing with the MEC was involved.. I only needed to submit my undergrad degree, transcripts, gmat score, application, photos, and some recommendations from professors, some of my fathers business partners etc...

I think if you're trying establish your degree as having equal validity abroad and directly in Brazil, that's different. However, I would be inclined to believe you should consult your school, as to it being a requirement or not, the one you wish to work in. If they don't care, I wouldn't bother wasting a second getting it validated...

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 16:17
Originally posted by Gringodude Gringodude wrote:

I 'just' finished my masters in december. Meaning I only validated my undergrad degree and transcripts. They told me you can only have themv validated by your local consulate,
(...)
I applied to study and I can say that nothing with the MEC was involved..
(...)
I think if you're trying establish your degree as having equal validity abroad and directly in Brazil, that's different.

It's quite different. You didn't really re validate the diploma. They just authorized you to study here.

However, I would be inclined to believe you should consult your school, as to it being a requirement or not, the one you wish to work in. If they don't care, I wouldn't bother wasting a second getting it validated...

If you want to teach at a university, any university, the revalidation is required.

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 16:20
You are thick headed and hopless. What could I possibly teach a stubborn person such as yourself?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 16:48

You are thick headed and hopless. What could I possibly teach a stubborn person such as yourself?

If what you teach would be true, then maybe there would be something to learn.

Lei de Diretrizes e Bases da Educação Nacional
http://www.planalto.gov.br/ccivil_03/leis/L9394.htm
Art. 48. Os diplomas de cursos superiores reconhecidos, quando registrados, terão
validade nacional como prova da formação recebida por seu titular.
§ 2o. Os diplomas de graduação expedidos por universidades estrangeiras serão
revalidados por universidades públicas que tenham curso do mesmo nível e área ou
equivalente, respeitando-se os acordos internacionais de reciprocidade ou equiparaçã
§ 3º Os diplomas de Mestrado e de Doutorado expedidos por universidades estrangeiras só poderão ser reconhecidos por universidades que possuam cursos de pós-graduação reconhecidos e avaliados, na mesma área de conhecimento e em nível equivalente ou superior.

So tell me, what do you want to teach me?

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 17:17

'How to win friends and influence people'

That shall be the first subject of your education...

Not how to be a jealous nitpicker, whoever taught you that did you no good!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 17:29

'How to win friends and influence people'

That shall be the first subject of your education...Not how to be a jealous nitpicker, whoever taught you that did you no good!

I'm sorry, but the first subject of education is never to teach stuff that is plain wrong, even if your friends don't like it.

I have no need to be popular, so I won't pass the wrong information just to get friends.

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 17:35
 The point of the course is for you to grow out of your rebellious mentality and merge a new attitude with any higher education you might persue in the future.

Just because you might not have friends now doesn't mean you cannot gain some with a positive stride forward. Maybe you think a requirement of being popular is unnecessary only because you have little experience with it. Once you follow through with this course you'll be a charming fellow and people other than Ray/Kurts/expt2828 will start to admire your qualities.

I promise!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 17:47

The point of the course is for you to grow out of your rebellious mentality and merge a new attitude with any higher education you might persue in the future.

That is not an option.

Just because you might not have friends now doesn't mean you cannot gain some with a positive stride forward.

I have all the friends I need. I don't need 2K friends on facebook.

Maybe you think a requirement of being popular is unnecessary only because you have little experience with it.

I think you confuse real life with internet/facebook. I have all the likes I need on facebook.

Popular people don't have many friends. As soon as they lose whatever made them popular in the first place, they finaly find out they are forever alone.

Once you follow through with this course you'll be a charming fellow and people other than Ray/Kurts/expt2828 will start to admire your qualities.   I promise!

Who's Ray/Kurtz/expt1234567 ?

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 17:54
Originally posted by Gringodude

That is not an option.

It must be a fact then, so start winning friends and influencing people, positively!

Quote I think you confuse real life with internet/facebook. I have all the likes I need on facebook.

Popular people don't have many friends. As soon as they lose whatever made them popular in the first place, they finaly find out they are forever alone.

Posting things on facebook for likes either makes you popular or annoying. So be careful with the content you provide for your friends to be!

Well if you're afraid of losing your source of popularity to be, then maybe you should build a solid foundation of friends. By creating an inner core of friendship inside your circle of friends to be. You will eliminate any negative potential harm entering that circle. You can work with your friends by using the power of 'Teamwork'. With that you can do anything!

Ray/Kurts/Expt2828 are your current followers, though sadly all having been banned. Which leaves you will a total of -3 followers. If you influence them positively, they might still be here to learn from you!...

All the friends you need? How does spending time alone qualify a quantity of friendship? Are you in tune with the universe on a spiritual level? Are your friends little green men?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 18:11

Ray/Kurts/Expt2828 are your current followers, though sadly all having been banned. Which leaves you will a total of -3 followers.

Could you make it -4 please?

If you influence them positively, they might still be here to learn from you!...

I greatly thank you for thinking that I could teach them anything. But no thanks. I don't take students.

All the friends you need? How does spending time alone qualify a quantity of friendship?

I would really like to have some time alone, but I live my life surrounded by people.

Are you in tune with the universe on a spiritual level? Are your friends little green men?

I'm in tune with the universe, but I don't have a spiritual level.

You're the only little green man I know

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 18:26
This attitude of yours will not help you make friends. I now see your nto even ready to influence people, you have deeper issues.

You need Tony Robbins!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 18:50
Tony Robbins is an idiot.

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 18:58
Only an immature rebel would announce such a negative opinion of a tall well spoken figure. You are suppose to refrain from using verbal contraband about others! Give Tony Robbins the chance to help you help yourself helpfully against your helpless self.

You should try a constructive activity like quixstar, I bet Ray was part of a group like that! They sell products and missionaries like cockbrand sell bibles, very similar but there is a difference. You have mentioned your spirituality so either might suffice.

Get it a spin buddy!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 19:15

Only an immature rebel would announce such a negative opinion of a tall well spoken figure. ]

Maybe he should run for president then.

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 19:57
there's already a black man with those same qualities..

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 20:09

there's already a black man with those same qualities..

And that black man doesn't like the competition?

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 20:31
I remember you weren't fond of black people all together. Somehow I am lead to assume that you are angry with yourself and Brazil for having so many people of colour.

Is this true?

This has nothing to do with homosexuality!

-------------

Posted By: Esprit
Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 22:20

Guy goes into a bar there is a robot bartender. The robot says,
"What will you have?"
The person says, "Martini." The robot brings back the best martini ever and says to the man, "What's your IQ?" The person says, "168." The robot then proceeds to talk about physics, space exploration and medical technology. The person leaves, but he is curious...
Therefore, he goes back into the bar. The robot bartender says, "What will you have?" The person says, "Martini." Again, the robot makes a great martini gives it to the man and says, "What's your IQ?" The person says, "100." The robot then starts to talk about Baseball, Budweiser and Chevy pickups.
The person leaves, but finds it very interesting, so he thinks he will try it one more time. He goes back into the bar. The robot says, "What will you have?" The person says, "Martini," and the robot brings him another great martini. The robot then says, "What's your IQ?" The person says, "Uh, about 50..." The robot leans in real close and says, "So, you people still happy you voted for Obama?

-------------
Alcohol - because no great story started with someone eating a salad.

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 22:48
Not to undermine your effort, but, isn't Obama a few notches of improvement over Bush?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 23:17

Not to undermine your effort, but, isn't Obama a few notches of improvement over Bush?

Absolutely. Yet I miss the comedy.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 23:22
Well in order to maintain the moment and achieve a successful punchline, perhaps another joke?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 23:28

Well in order to maintain the moment and achieve a successful punchline, perhaps another joke?
OBAMA!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 23:39
Your jokes are > improper fractions...

!!!

That was funny and I know you know that I know we knowing it is funny, is funny!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 23:44

Joking aside, should Obama ever do anything presidential we can then comment on his performance. Meanwhile we wait and we wait…

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 00:01
I am not sure how 'well spoken' you are in 'real life', but for a forum member who is seemingly 'well written', you certainly lack observation.

Since inauguration, President Obama, has undoubtedly sifted through the rubble of pre-arranged economic catastrophe from the previous leader. Affirmative action has been put into place and is by no means instantaneous for the pleasure of your satisfaction, rather it has set sail and eased the wounds of hyper inflated housing markets. The bubble having burst as soon as the bat was passed onto Obama, now we need to allow the time to demonstrate if these adjustments have actually benefited us. (I say they have improved much of the damage so far).

I hope your macroeconomic skills bare some innuendo and you might kindly put it together just to demonstrate your point; thus giving your joke 'merit'...

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 05:57

I remember you weren't fond of black people all together. Somehow I am lead to assume that you are angry with yourself and Brazil for having so many people of colour.

Is this true?

This has nothing to do with homosexuality!

You must be mistaking yourself with me.

Posted By: Grads
Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 06:28
"...skills bare..."?

-------------
Quem puxa os seus nao degenara.

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 06:55

I am not sure how 'well spoken' you are in 'real life', but for a forum member who is seemingly 'well written', you certainly lack observation.

Since inauguration, President Obama, has undoubtedly sifted through the rubble of pre-arranged economic catastrophe from the previous leader. Affirmative action has been put into place and is by no means instantaneous for the pleasure of your satisfaction, rather it has set sail and eased the wounds of hyper inflated housing markets. The bubble having burst as soon as the bat was passed onto Obama, now we need to allow the time to demonstrate if these adjustments have actually benefited us. (I say they have improved much of the damage so far).

I hope your macroeconomic skills bare some innuendo and you might kindly put it together just to demonstrate your point; thus giving your joke 'merit'...

I would agree that what you regard as his affirmative action has improved the damage, but then any five year-old with a hammer can improve damage; the skilful part is to actually begin repairing damage while trying to understand and eliminate its causation. 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 07:18
How does this answer Mr. Wombats original question?

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 07:39
Ohh, I suspect he's long gone after all of this nonsense.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 09:41
I am going to start a new thread about this. And wonder if the consulate, for example, in Miami, has staff, to do "revalidacao de diploma" ?   I will try to call them today. If all could be done in one place would be good, as was suggestead.  I need this done to facilitate getting employment to TEACH in a brazilian university, not to study. thanks friends.Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 10:33
Originally posted by Esprit Esprit wrote:

I am not sure how 'well spoken' you are in 'real life', but for a forum member who is seemingly 'well written', you certainly lack observation. Since inauguration, President Obama, has undoubtedly sifted through the rubble of pre-arranged economic catastrophe from the previous leader. Affirmative action has been put into place and is by no means instantaneous for the pleasure of your satisfaction, rather it has set sail and eased the wounds of hyper inflated housing markets. The bubble having burst as soon as the bat was passed onto Obama, now we need to allow the time to demonstrate if these adjustments have actually benefited us. (I say they have improved much of the damage so far). I hope your macroeconomic skills bare some innuendo and you might kindly put it together just to demonstrate your point; thus giving your joke 'merit'...

You might represent the opinion of a 5 year old? Where should we invest, who should be taxed? How do we pay our debts? Are you a Ron Paul man? Romney?

Let's hear it!
<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-ansi-: EN-GB">I would agree that what you regard as his affirmative action has improved the damage, but then any five year-old with a hammer can improve damage; the skilful part is to actually begin repairing damage while trying to understand and eliminate its causation.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 11:29

You might represent the opinion of a 5 year old? Where should we invest, who should be taxed? How do we pay our debts? Are you a Ron Paul man? Romney?

Let's hear it! 

You’ve just exemplified the attitude of the typical voter: Partisan belligerence caused by frustration with the continuous failure within the system. The complete lack of imagination regarding candidates for electoral office who are otherwise spoon-fed to the crowd by biased media and corrupt established political parties. The acceptance of non-discussion regarding the relevant issues pertaining to the welfare of the currency, the economy and the people in preference to petty TV sound-bite politics rather than policies.

The current incumbent in the White House understood the phycology of the collective idiot perfectly; they hope for change yet never demand it. What a great pity that they didn’t check his CV in advance of giving him the job.

In answer to your questions I would answer briefly that Americans should invest in America and not chase cheap labour abroad. It should limit its military capacity to blow the world up just once. Everybody should be taxed in accordance with their means calling for a revision of the tax laws such that it eliminates the absurdity of gargantuan wealth. The repayment of debt can be achieved provided that expenditure is lower than revenues.      

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 12:04
I'm no partisan, you're the one who cracked the Obama joke, not to mention your pacifist analogy of social issues. The 'White House' is better off with Obama, no republican to come will do any better, other than some of Ron Paul's outlandish ideas. Which might suffice.

America invest in America? Can't afford it dude!

Cheap Labour abroad is the cornerstone of how capitalism functions... Outsource and drive profit, it's a shame but it's reality.

'Gargantuan wealth' is also another product of capitalism. You're so quick to flag the notion of 'fair sharing'. Sorry, but do you remember communism and socialism don't work! The quality of life now is much higher than it was in the robotic centralized economies.

The distribution of wealth should come naturally, Austrian Economics, thus balancing itself.

The unfortunate global military campaign is hard to understand, but in some cases is does have a positive outcome, Iraq has a beautiful new American Embassy.

The rich will never pay taxes, who do you think owns the White House?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 12:16

I'm no partisan, you're the one who cracked the Obama joke, not to mention your pacifist analogy of social issues. The 'White House' is better off with Obama, no republican to come will do any better, other than some of Ron Paul's outlandish ideas. Which might suffice.

America invest in America? Can't afford it dude!

Cheap Labour abroad is the cornerstone of how capitalism functions... Outsource and drive profit, it's a shame but it's reality.

'Gargantuan wealth' is also another product of capitalism. You're so quick to flag the notion of 'fair sharing'. Sorry, but do you remember communism and socialism don't work! The quality of life now is much higher than it was in the robotic centralized economies.

The distribution of wealth should come naturally, Austrian Economics, thus balancing itself.

The unfortunate global military campaign is hard to understand, but in some cases is does have a positive outcome, Iraq has a beautiful new American Embassy.

The rich will never pay taxes, who do you think owns the White House?

At the risk of repeating myself, you do represent the partisan collective idiot that is resigned to the status quo; the cynical notion that nothing can and nothing will change but meanwhile just don’t let the other guys get into power because you so enjoy getting butt-phucked by your own guys. Duh!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 12:35
I wouldn't be surprised if your homosexual traits lead you to deliver such a heartfelt comment.

None the less, carry on!

The problem isn't so easily represented as 'nothing can and nothing will change'. The matter is of how it will change. You must admit no matter which puppet is elected into office, he is very likely followed around by his master puppeteers, the elite class. I'm not dragging any conspiracy into this equation. I'm merely stating the idea that there has to be a total change, not meaningless last minute touch ups. And in order to fulfil such a task your 'Oh so radical' counsel would be incredibly helpful.

No, sorry, not today. You failed to bring any significance of revolution worthy options to the table. Therefore "You, Sir" (Ray) are of the collective naturists who bicker and whine because their isolation with fellow 'have-nots' won't 'change' anytime soon. And that is the problem, you're right, but your aiming the blame in the wrong direction. Trying to socialize responsibility onto the higher powers who give you such quality of life in the first place. Again, much higher than any of your commi or marxist friends are enjoying in the Gulag...

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 12:51

I wouldn't be surprised if your homosexual traits lead you to deliver such a heartfelt comment.

None the less, carry on!

The problem isn't so easily represented as 'nothing can and nothing will change'. The matter is of how it will change. You must admit no matter which puppet is elected into office, he is very likely followed around by his master puppeteers, the elite class. I'm not dragging any conspiracy into this equation. I'm merely stating the idea that there has to be a total change, not meaningless last minute touch ups. And in order to fulfil such a task your 'Oh so radical' counsel would be incredibly helpful.

No, sorry, not today. You failed to bring any significance of revolution worthy options to the table. Therefore "You, Sir" (Ray) are of the collective naturists who bicker and whine because their isolation with fellow 'have-nots' won't 'change' anytime soon. And that is the problem, you're right, but your aiming the blame in the wrong direction. Trying to socialize responsibility onto the higher powers who give you such quality of life in the first place. Again, much higher than any of your commi or marxist friends are enjoying in the Gulag...

Dude, you’ve often led me to believe that you are either dysfunctional or dyslectic but now I discover that you may be a rare combination of the two and an absolute treasure on this forum. More please! LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 13:19

Angry

I hate when you do this! I really, really do!

Why is it that I should suffer dyslexia and be left out in a special class? I would not enjoy that at all! Please, keep your focus and let's get back to showing you have no grasp of real economics!

"Have a great day, everyone" (Ray) lol

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 13:57

Angry

I hate when you do this! I really, really do!

Why is it that I should suffer dyslexia and be left out in a special class? I would not enjoy that at all! Please, keep your focus and let's get back to showing you have no grasp of real economics!

"Have a great day, everyone" (Ray) lol

Okay, I'll be nice. What’s your opinion?  How do you think Beijing's development, trade, and geopolitical goals intersect with development and politics in the U.S. and Latin America?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 14:26
Unbelievable... You flip this on me now? You neglectful coon! We're not talking about China, or Latin America. We're trying to determine US policy, under Obama, and how it has succeeded or according to you, failed!

Shall we?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 15:15

We're trying to determine US policy,

You two deciding by authoritative decision on US policy.

Who made you guys president and congress??

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 15:32
Seemingly I'm just a neglectful coon so we'd better leave it up to dude, the trained monkey. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 15:35
Angry

You're doing it again!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 15:40

Answer the question!

-------------

Posted By: Grads
Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 15:44
I know what I know, but unsure about who I am, I am reflecting. Thank you all for providing these thoughts today.

-------------
Quem puxa os seus nao degenara.

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 15:45
I smell a Boris..

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 16:13

Okay dude, let’s serve justice to your Mr Obama: He’s given up smoking just as successfully as he’s given up on Congress. Oh, and he killed Osama and that rhymes with Obama. Em, what else? Ah yes, healthcare; a Bill with more pages than encyclopaedia Britannica, but alas it hasn’t come into force as yet so the poor are still neglected; four more years! Ben Bernanke will accommodate your man with sufficient freshly minted new dollars to pay for it all. New hip anyone? What else, what else? Unemployment? Naw, but there is hope on the horizon; I have a dream! Oh there’s the Dodd-Frank Act, pure vaudeville. The rich are getting richer; always a good thing for trickle-down and cash payments for the Mexican gardeners. Did he cut military expenditure on prophylactics and decorate the back bedroom at the White House? There’s bound to be a bit of spare cash for that given the increase in the deficit – it’s all good news here. Vote early, vote often!    

-------------

Date Posted: 02 March 2012 at 20:47
See you are new....

Congress and Obama don't mix because they're democrats fighting with republicans, it is always going to be that way...

Healthcare, again, is under scrutiny from hillbilly republicans, yet you blame Obama :S?

Federal Reserve was around before you were born. Would you prefer we all traded gold and silver, like pirates?

Yes the Dodd-Frank was an attempt, failed attempt, but none of this is solely the fault of Obama.

You are still pointing your finger... or should we say wagging?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 March 2012 at 21:03

Dude, if and when you ever become a captain of industry or a head waiter at a restaurant, you’ll discover that with great power comes great responsibility. Looking pretty and sweet talking to his fellow Americans just doesn’t cut the mustard. Now I know that this is a difficult one, but I must ask you; what has he done? I mean apart from getting the Noble Peace Price for authorising the use of drones in Afghanistan and nodding in agreement with Wall Street.   

-------------

Date Posted: 03 March 2012 at 12:59
Listen up Sprite, listen up! In fact gather 'round, gather 'round!

If Bush was magically granted another two term position, where do you think we would be right now?

Just because Obama has been assigned the duty of cleaning up this mess, doesn't insinuate it will be done over night.

http://3chicspolitico.com/president-obamas-accomplishments

I don't think it's a question of what you have against him. I think it's more likely what a person like you 'expects of him' that is the conflict. In order to grasp any sort of reform 'by the horns', I'll let you suggest a 'model nation'. As per the example you see fit to assume all or most other nations to follow...

-------------

Posted By: nikkij12185
Date Posted: 03 March 2012 at 13:33

See you are new....

Congress and Obama don't mix because they're democrats fighting with republicans, it is always going to be that way...

This is new.  It is not necessarily going to be, and it sure wasn't.  However, things look like the will be polarized for a long time as evidenced by Olympia Snow's recent resignation in protest.

Healthcare, again, is under scrutiny from hillbilly republicans, yet you blame Obama :S?

Obamacare sucks as much as Romneycare has for the last several years.  As a Massachusetts voter, I can assure you it does.  Basically, you are now legally required to pay for insurance, but the insurance can still charge you disgusting premiums and co-pay's for treatment (Example: Federal employees with "excellent insurance" are still charged $4000/month copayments for Thalydamide (that drug that's been around for 50years and that led to serious birth defects when originally used to fight morning sickness) treatments if they cancer.) 

Companies can still refuse to pay you when you get sick and give you insurance that charges insane amounts to treat you.  The big problems are mal-practice suits, drug companies and insurance profits which Obamacare has not really touched.

All a ridiculous dog and pony show, like most of his administration has been.

Federal Reserve was around before you were born. Would you prefer we all traded gold and silver, like pirates?

Rebellion against the central bank has been a key point of debate in American history.  The Fed Reserve has been created and disolved several times.  There was even a famous duel over this.  But, as a Canadian, Im sure you don't delve enough into American history to know that.

Yes the Dodd-Frank was an attempt, failed attempt, but none of this is solely the fault of Obama.

No, but his administration definitely left Barney Frank out to hang, especially after the Fanny Mae mess.  After the articles with that, Obama, with his leading position in the party, couldve really put his weight behind it and had a different congressman name it (Frank would've easily let another of his MA colleagues take the front).  Frank's name was put on it to tie it to the Fanny Mae scandal and ensure no one took it seriously.

You are still pointing your finger... or should we say wagging?

Why is a Canadian living in Brazil arguing about American politics so fiercely?

More importantly, what on have you been using to inspire these posts.  I probably about 3blocks away from you write now reading this convoluted mess and the one thought I keep coming to is: please share.  Whatever it is, it must be good.Wink

Finally @ OP
Sven is correct here.

What gringodude is talking about is not revalidation, it is authentication and it is the FIRST STEP in validating your diploma.

You need get everything stamped and ok'd by the consulate with jurisdiction over the region where you studied.

Once you have the "approval" as gringodude would say, from the consulate, in order to get it revalidated by MEC (which is necessary in order for it to be considered equivelent here - for you teach or to pursue many hgher educational opportunities - particularly doctorates and masters that require thesis instead of MBA's), you need to go through a school like the one you mentioned in Brasilia.

For pos-graduacao opportunities the school will normally tell you which you need.  Latto Senso and paid programs, they are normally more relaxed.  Strito Senso and programs that require exclusivity and offer bolsas are usually stricter with the MEC requirement.

Date Posted: 03 March 2012 at 17:00
So you're pointing out historical problems and it's still Obama's fault?

-------------

Posted By: ganeshrkara
Date Posted: 04 March 2012 at 14:08
Originally posted by nikkij12185 nikkij12185 wrote:

.....Why is a Canadian living in Brazil arguing about American politics so fiercely?.....

Reciprocity ...(of US foreign policy ) ...Wink

-------------

Posted By: tamte
Date Posted: 04 March 2012 at 15:07
The "poor" Wombat was looking to get an answer to the question about his degree validation. And you guys hijacked his posting and start to fight with absolute nonsense (US politics and personal issues) Shocked

Nice way to exercise your superior knowledge and kindness. You should show in the responses, that living in Brazil doesn't make you insane and bitter (like this posting had turned into), but relaxed and living without stress, the life everyone dreams of, life in Brazil. 

After a week in San Diego, I'm happy to be back home (even it is in a "buraco do lixo").
I love my life in Brazil. Lay back and relax dudesTongue
Rain season ends soon, whoo whoo...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk