Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Visas and Documentation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RNE/Codigo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RNE/Codigo
    Posted: 18 October 2009 at 15:09
What is the RNE?

I'm trying to check the progress of my visa application and it asks for the RNE/Codigo number...is this my passport number?

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links

man of leisure View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man of leisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2009 at 16:25
No, it's not.  Unless you are extending or switching an existing visa, you will not have an RNE reference so you can just leave this blank.  Instead you can enter your protocolo number (as plain figures without the dots and dashes).  
klee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2009 at 17:30
Exactly - I'm switching a tourist (already extended) visa to a Stable Relationship visa.  All the info is in they just said to check the website with

RNE/Codigo
Interessado
Processo

Only thing is I don't know what to put where.

So I put my Name for Interessado and the Protocolo number for Processo?

Sorry - I'm very confused but the whole website is in Portuguese and I'm only learning!

Thanks for your kind help!
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man of leisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2009 at 17:50
No, I meant (and sorry for confusing you) switching from a visa category that would be have been registered with the FP within 30 days or arrival (VITEM, VIPER).  People with these visas will have an RNE issued for their existing leave and can use this number to track the application.

If you are tracking a pemanencia application having entered Brazil as a tourist then you will not have been registered on the SINCRE database (which is what your RNE number is a reference to) so what you need to so enter is your name and the protocolo number.  You can't do this in Mozilla Firefox.

Edited by man of leisure - 18 October 2009 at 17:54
klee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2009 at 19:02
Thanks again!

It says:
Registro não encontrado.

Does this mean that something is wrong or I am just looking too early.

They did say it would take about 4 months so there is plenty of time.  I just know that if I am refused I will only have 15 days to make an appeal!
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man of leisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 05:46
That seems normal and will change after 6-8 months from the date of application.  The file is still with the FP in your state and when it is moved to the MJ in Brasilia it will be logged into the sytem and you will then see it.

Edited by man of leisure - 19 October 2009 at 07:08
klee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 12:04
Ok...next problem...registering for an RNE number - they have changed the law and I'm supposed to get one before getting my work permit card.  AHHHHHH!  Literally days too late.  How can I do this?  I'm still searching the website for answers but if you guys can help here i would be very grateful!
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man of leisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 12:43
If your local MTE will not emit your Carteira de Trabalho by showing your protocolo de pedido de permanencia then you can go to the PF and request a letter confirming that you are waiting approval for a permanencia application and that this is an immigration category that permits employment.  Take this back to the MTE.  You can get a despachante to help you with this as it's sometimes not easy convincing Brazilian public functionaries of your rights when they have no training or experience of dealing with estrangeiros.

Edited by man of leisure - 19 November 2009 at 12:56
Paulistano USA View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulistano USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 14:27
Where are you at Klee? The process describe by the wise Man of Leisure is what I did to obtain my C do trabalho. (I am in Sao Paulo).
Mineiro_Alemão View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mineiro_Alemão Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 06:44
Originally posted by klee klee wrote:

RNE/Codigo
Interessado
Processo

Only thing is I don't know what to put where.

You DON´T have to fill out ALL, it´s enought to put your name as it´s written in the application at INTERESADO and then click on CONSULTA.

That´s it!

But I guess you checked to soon. Information won´t appear before your process arrives in Brasília on the tabel of the ANALISTA, who writes a recomendation, form there it takes a few weeks to get to the CHEFE and his final descission then will be published within a few days.

Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic