Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Off Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabela do valor aduaneiro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forroista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tabela do valor aduaneiro
    Posted: 27 November 2007 at 14:20
Thanks in advance for anyone who has any light to shed on this matter.

Sometimes things happen here that are so unfair that it make me so mad  Angry uugggh.

In short:  I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find the table of market prices of goods that the Receita Federal uses (tabela do valor aduaneiro, see below).  I've searched the net and the Receita Federal website, but all I can find is references to it OR tables that lists the impostos on imported goods (i already know what percentage of tax they're charging me, now i just want to know by what value they were taking the tax from since it is different from the declared value on the box)

The long story:  I had my parents send me a box back in October.  The main item in question was a new pair of riding boots (expensive).  I told the parents to do their best to make it look like they were sending me a pair of used boots; and they said, "Well, we'll use the original box they came in so they don't get damaged" and they said there were no markings on the box to show they were new.  I agreed.  But then after they sent the box I get a call from the parents saying "Well, there was leftover room in the box so we threw in some other stuff too--some of your old dresses, sandals, T-shirts, and some presents for your mother/sister in law--you know, some Clinique makeup and some gold jewelry."  I could tell from the start it would be a disaster.

Well, we got the box a few days ago and the "Impostos Alfandegarios" came out to R$247!!!  Ok, the boots are new, but I'm pretty sure they laid a hefty tax on the makeup and the jewelry--all of which are makeup samples or USED jewelry. 

My husband was told that we have two options:
1.  We could go to the Receita Federal IN RIO where they calculate the imposto if we want to make a complaint (we live in Porto Alegre)
2.  We could send the box back to the RF in Rio for re-evaluation of the tax (who knows how long that would take and whether the tax would go down or disappear)
3.  Or we can send the box back to the U.S. Angry

Ok, these options suck and I hate that there is no way to make a complaint about this, except here on gringoes!  Obviously they're bullying us to pay this outrageous tax by giving us superficial solutions.

What I'm trying to figure out is how they are calculating these Impostos Alfrandegarios.  My parents claimed the FCV to be $160 USD (shipping plus items in box) and in general, they charge 60% on imported goods (new or used, apparently used goods still hold the same commercial value in the eyes of the Receita Federal, those bastards).  Anyway, 60% of $160 USD does not come out to R$247; so I imagine they must have gone through my box and opened it up and re-evaluated the items through their AVA-GATT system (law that says if the "valor aduaneiro"--value of the box items--is not discovered by preliminary means then they have a lot of back-up methods for "discovering" the market value of the products).

From what I've read, if your package arrives in Brazil and customs decides to re-evaluate the value of the items in your box then what they do is refer to a table of market prices of products to be able to decide the "valor aduaneiro". But I haven't been able to find any of these Receita Federal defined prices, and I would really like to get my hands on it.

From the Website for the Receita Federal:

VALOR ADUANEIRO DA MERCADORIA

É a base de cálculo do imposto de importação. O valor aduaneiro é apurado na forma prevista no Acordo Sobre a Implementação do Artigo VII do GATT (Acordo de Valoração Aduaneira ou, simplesmente, AVA-GATT)...

O AVA-GATT estabelece seis diferentes métodos para a determinação do valor aduaneiro das mercadorias importadas. Esse acordo determina que, sempre que não for possível a utilização do primeiro método de valoração, deve-se passar sucessivamente aos métodos seguintes, até que se chegue ao primeiro que permita determinar o valor aduaneiro.

Na maioria das vezes, o valor aduaneiro da mercadoria é encontrado a partir do seu valor FOB (Free on Board), acrescido dos valores do frete e seguro internacionais, convertendo-se esses valores para Reais, por meio da taxa de câmbio do dia do registro da importação.

O Imposto de Importação é calculado pela aplicação das alíquotas fixadas na Tarifa Externa Comum do Mercosul (TEC) sobre o valor aduaneiro.

Edited by forroista - 27 November 2007 at 14:27
Sponsored Links

ToVoltando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToVoltando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 14:59

when I went through the items to declare line in the airport they used Yahoo shopping believe it or not.

But at they are able to say what they want for value. Sometimes they calculate based on the Brazilian market price (from what I've seen).
sven View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 15:08
AFIK, anything that comes in via correios and is valued between U$ 500 and U$ 3000 is taxed 60%. Unless there is proof of the value of U$ 160 they apply the following rules:

à     De acordo com as normas do Acordo, o valor aduaneiro deve ser determinado pela aplicação de um dos seguintes métodos:

Primeiro método:   Valor de Transação da mercadoria importada;

Segundo método:  Valor de Transação da mercadoria importada idêntica à mercadoria objeto do despacho;

Terceiro método:   Valor de Transação da mercadoria importada similar à mercadoria objeto do despacho.

Quarto método:      Valor de revenda da mercadoria importada

Quinto método:      Valor computado da mercadoria importada

Sexto método:        Valor baseado em critérios razoáveis, condizentes com os princípios e disposições gerais do GATT, e em dados disponíveis no País

We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities.

~Oscar Wilde
DUNGA View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUNGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 15:08
Sometimes they look the stuff up on the internet and use new prices. You have little real recourse. Try looking cute and mopey at the same time and maybe they will just give it to you...otherwise it's pay to play...
Best Luck!!!
ToVoltando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToVoltando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 15:13
Quinto método:      Valor computado da mercadoria importada
I like this one!! Computed value of imported merchandise!!
Hmm... let's see here, 1 pair of socks, 50 reais, a book 200 reais, candy, 20 reais, I get 270 reais.
forroista View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forroista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 16:25
yeah, and the thing that drives me crazy is that when i asked my parents for their estimated value of the goods, it came out to be: sandals $2, T-shirt $9, brooch $2, makeup samples $0, pearl-like necklace $10; and my tax is a grand total of: R$247!! 

i had the idea of going there and doing the cute looking thing, but won't the correios have to come up with the "missing" money?
forroista View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forroista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 16:29
so here's a thought:  My husband suggested that we have the box sent back for re-evaluation with a letter saying, "all these items are used, therefore they don't hold the same commercial value as new items"

i also heard that there's a way to make a deposit on items that you swear you're going to take back out with you from the country, but do we have this option at this point (i'm not sure if i'm confusing the importation rules when you are entering with the item and the rules on items sent by correios)?  Also, if any of the items magically disappear, would i lose the whole deposit or just part of it?
Bahiana77 View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahiana77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 16:37

Edited by Bahiana77 - 19 January 2008 at 09:22
forroista View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forroista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 17:02
Originally posted by forroista forroista wrote:

My parents claimed the FCV to be $160 USD (shipping plus items in box)

They put $100 on the box for the value of the items in the box (which is accurate).  But apparently the RF didn't believe this was the appropriate value, and decided to make up their own--without telling me what value they put on which items.
Camzao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camzao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 03:08
Originally posted by forroista forroista wrote:

yeah, and the thing that drives me crazy is that when i asked my parents for their estimated value of the goods, it came out to be: sandals $2, T-shirt $9, brooch $2, makeup samples $0, pearl-like necklace $10; and my tax is a grand total of: R$247!! 

i had the idea of going there and doing the cute looking thing, but won't the correios have to come up with the "missing" money?

hi forroista,

Victoria2005 also started another thread on the same subject, same tax of R$247.

have a look

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic