Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Travel in Brazil
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

brazilian slang(read this!!eng/port

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CATITA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brazilian slang(read this!!eng/port
    Posted: 09 January 2007 at 01:58

that's funny,you will listen that everyday!when walking in street or talking some brazilian people()

- look how cute this girl is - olha que gatinha!!

- the old man told - O coroa disse

-the old woman told - A coroa disse

-cool! - Irado

-(when men find friends they speak): E ai, boy tudo bem? (hey man,how are you?)

-when you dont understand nothing about subjetc you speak(viajei na maionese)biggrin

-people from sao paulo speak( hi,how are you?) e ai meu, tudo bem?

-he's a hunk(when you see a cute man) - ele e um gostosaobiggrin

-this man is crasy - olha o cara meu!,ta piradao!!biggrin

-when someone invite you for a party you speak- valeu mano e nois na fita!biggrin

-its over! - ja era meu!!

-when someone talk another subjet for the conversation - (Putz meu, confundi as bolas)

-when someone dont believe some people,thing or conversation-( estou bolado com isso)

-when someone is tired and speak (estou passado)

-when someone is starving(estou tremendo de fome)

-thanks - valeu cara, or valeu meu!!

-somebody tell you something and you was surprise what you listen,then you speak :vishi maria!

-the man speak for girl ( hey girl,how's things?) - e ai mina ,tudo certinho? ( specially from sao paulo)biggrin

-when you go out or tell somebody you go someplace:vou dar um role

-hey girl,do you want to know my new car? e ai gata!, quer conhecer minha caranga zero bala?biggrin

-when the people si so starving then they speak for a friend : hoje vou comer feito um boilove struck

-go away/or go to helldevilish - vai te catar,meu!! (this when somebdoy is nervous with other people)biggrin

-the party will be nice! - A festa vai bombarbiggrin

-when something go wrong for you you speak: danou-se!! e agora?shock

-rice,been(sometimes with eggsbiggrin whenever you put for mix then for eat you speak : Bem-boladolove struck

-brazilian call eggs(for eat)- zoiaobiggrin

when someone talk another subjet for the conversation - (Putz meu, confundi as bolas)

-when someone dont beleive some people,thing or conversation-( estou bolado com isso)

-when someone is tired and speak (estou passado)

-when someone is starving(estou tremendo de fome)

-I am relax/no worry with nothing - estou na minha mano,sossegado

-when your friend dont see you but you see,then you speak for her/him- Passou batido meu!!

-when the woman/man is very angry you speak : ele(he) or she(ela) esta uma jiraiabiggrin

-let's to go for lunch? e ai,vamos bater um rangobiggrin

-when you dont want or dont acept something from people you speak- Nao, to fora !
(I mean cigar,cigarrete,drink.something you dont want...)

-when man or woman a good shape (you speak): ta com tudo em cima,hein!! or Nossa que filé!!

-when you find a good friend you speak: e ai gente fina,tudo em riba?

-the tv will show the soccer(futebol),(example BrazilXArgentine)angry you speak:vai ser um bolao!

-when the kids/teenage missing school(go play gameangry)-,you speak: ele(he) or ela(she)cabulou aula!

-he/she died : ele/ela bateu as botas or to kick the bucket: esticou as canelascrying

-the man with 2 women(doing confused bom- bom(sex)biggrin you speak: eita que suruba!

-when you see a woman/man (old)tongue,but the body good shape you speak: ele(he) ta enxuto!! or (she) ela ta enxuta!

-when people tell a secret you speak: dedo-duro

-when you want to eat you speak: filar uma boia/ bater uma chepa/ bater um rango

-when you go for bathroon(pup) you speak: vou passar um fax or soltar um barrobiggrin

-bus: buzao

-when you scary with something you speak: Caracas or Eita Porra!!

-the man/woman drunker: he (ele) ta chapadao!! or Ela(she)ta chapadona!!confused

-when you have a friend very close(like your brother or sister you speak: e meu chegado!!!

-when a people making a joking and you dont liked you speak: ta xarope,meu!!

visit my website(spanish teacher)do youwant to learn spanish.

www.spanishteacherminnesota.com

hey gringos,so soon my book will arrive in bookstore!!

tchau,(bye)

be happy!!!smile always in life!!!

Edited by CATITA
Brasil...,meu Brasil brasileiro
Brasileira(brazilian),Gaucha(Porto Alegre),cidadã americana e feliz.
A inveja mata,cara de paraiba!

Sponsored Links

MonicaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 04:08

Hi!

These slangs are a mix of old 60's slang, Sao Paulo Motoboy, Rio de Janeiro "bad boy" (Jiu Jitsu fighters type). Although a few are of wide use.

These slangs will be particularly useful if you hang out with motoboys in Sao Paulo, Jiu Jitsu guys in Rio or talk to a person over 60....

Funny anyway! Thanks for sharing!

** There is more to life than increasing its speed **    Mohandas Gandhi   
CATITA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CATITA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 12:13
Originally posted by MonicaB MonicaB wrote:

Hi!

These slangs are a mix of old 60's slang, Sao Paulo Motoboy, Rio de Janeiro "bad boy" (Jiu Jitsu fighters type). Although a few are of wide use.

These slangs will be particularly useful if you hang out with motoboys in Sao Paulo, Jiu Jitsu guys in Rio or talk to a person over 60....

Funny anyway! Thanks for sharing!

hola,

well,this slangs I did myself this week for show here in USA for american people(for learning portuguese in a meeting in Minneapolis)

They loved it.(hahahh),I told for my brother(he's young)and brazilian,please send me (slangs in portuguese)hahahhahah...

Now I swear,teenage people in Sao Paulo or Brazil speak this slang,motorboy SP is young guys,they speak like that,you right!!

over 60,well ..I swear for you ,I never heard.But of course everybody brazilian talking in slang today,Our correct grammatic in street day by day( like this)hahahhahah.

(I am 26 years old,next month 27),let's  skip that(hahah)

thank for your comment.Here in my city,(I am funny,,,people said(hey catita (tu e uma chica barato!)hahahha (they mix portuguese with spanish.hahahahah.I like them!

¡Mira!, I am graduate/bachillerata in Buenos Aires (Literatures and Linguistics)spanish/english and I am teaching slang for  gringos...

hey folk's let's smile,be funny,the life is beauty!!

¡Dale Gringos!

god bless you!

catita

(orkut-page) is catita-USA

Victoria2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victoria2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 13:21

well, it all sure sounds pretty different to the geria we use down here in Gaucho ville - but amusing all the same.

one thing though -a lot of the slang you used is geared more towards use by men right? At least here in the south, women never refer to another as "o meu". I guess it's the Kiwi equivalent of "bro" -which can sound a bit rough and trashy sometimes when women use it.

but keep the material coming anyway - its a good laugh! LOL

CATITA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CATITA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 13:38
Originally posted by Victoria2005 Victoria2005 wrote:

well, it all sure sounds pretty different to the geria we use down here in Gaucho ville - but amusing all the same.

one thing though -a lot of the slang you used is geared more towards use by men right? At least here in the south, women never refer to another as "o meu". I guess it's the Kiwi equivalent of "bro" -which can sound a bit rough and trashy sometimes when women use it.

but keep the material coming anyway - its a good laugh! LOL

oh yes,but in Sao Paulo(meu!!)o meu!!is a expression used for SP!!

gosh,if I do that...(meu!!se eu fizer isso!!)

That's no sound a bit rough or trashy(sorry),is a expression used for paulistas and paulistanos, women(yes you right is almost used for men,BUT teenage or young from  SP they use the expression,oh yes!!)

like in Rio Grande do Sul(gaucho)-people speak(ba!tche!)well.that's is expression used in Rio grande do Sul(south Brazil) .by the way is nice state!!

Brazil has a lot expression for...(girias in general..today's spoken)

tchau,

slang:( vou fazer um pe de meia agora) 

translation:(I am going to teach spanish class now,making money)

thanks for your comment,god bless you!!

catita

3casas View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3casas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 19:58
I am laughing reading this. 
So many of these words i know well but have never seen spelt.

In case you are wondering, I am married into a family of SP motoboys (all 70's, not 60s), they run a bike shop in SP, and they all do talk very much like this.  As does my tough-lady sister in law.

Edited by 3casas
CATITA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CATITA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 20:15

Originally posted by 3casas 3casas wrote:

In case you are wondering, I am married into a family of SP motoboys (all 70's, not 60s), they run a bike shop in SP, and they all do talk very much like this.  As does my tough-lady sister in law.

so,welcome(seja bem vindo) motoboys ,teenagers  in general talking like that.they are nice people.

catita

god bless you

thank you for your comment

DUNGA View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUNGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 20:37
3casas-
you are a japanese speaking quaker moto-girl? awesome!
CATITA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CATITA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 00:29

Originally posted by DUNGA DUNGA wrote:

3casas-
you are a japanese speaking quaker moto-girl? awesome!

what do you mean moto girl?hahahah

that's is only some tips/slang for gringos when they travel to Brazil.they will listen this phrases

(awesome)lhhahahhahaha(cool,!!)

well I am minnesota/USA but I am brazilian(I listen all time here minnesota acent(betcha)hahahah you betcha!!

thanks for your comment

god bless you a lot

Camzao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camzao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 12:33

Originally posted by 3casas 3casas wrote:

Hi there, when you say they run a bike shop do you mean a motoboy bike shop or a moto repair shop?

Just curious

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic