Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Visas and Documentation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to get a Carteira de Trabalho!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puha0941 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get a Carteira de Trabalho!
    Posted: 22 November 2013 at 10:19
Hello, all!

I need an urgent help to get the Carteira de Trabalho in Central Sao Paulo. 

My company hired a forwarding agent to handle things. I arrived in mid October in Sao Paulo and things happen ridiculously slowly. 

The forwarding agents thought one must book an appointment to get the Carteria de Trabalho and waited on their website for the available dates to show up. Unsurprisingly that was not successful and the agent went in person to the ministry of work and got an appointment but the earliest date is insanely far away in February! (I cannot believe how this country functions). 

Then, I started looking up this forum and saw people getting it done much quicker - Could someone kindly instruct me on what to do to get the Carteira de Trabalho in Sao Paulo?

Have a great day - 
Sponsored Links

Mineiro_Alemão View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mineiro_Alemão Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2013 at 12:42
What´s your status in Brazil?

Do you have a Work Visa or Permanent Visa (Permanência) ? I´m not sure if Work Visa holders get a CTPS, because they got the visa and can´t change the employer without permission, so it doesn´t make sence to me they would get a CTPS too.

Do you have already your foreigners ID (CIE)? Probably not. Then you´ll need a letter of confirmation form the Polícia Federal, confirming your legal presence in Brazil, with that you can apply for your CTPS at the Ministério de Trabalho. But as you are in São Paulo you´ll need an apointment at the MTE in order to apply there. Go personally to the headquater and get your appointment.

Or try this site for an online appointment:
http://saa.mte.gov.br/

CTPS para Estrangeiros:
http://portal.mte.gov.br/ctps/estrangeiro.htm

Cool

puha0941 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puha0941 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2013 at 13:54
Hello, Thank you for the reply. 

I have never seen a country this slow in possibly everything :)

I do have a Type V work visa. I want to know if there are locations near Centro SP that I can just walk in on the same day and wait all day long to get the Carteira de Trabalho instead of the very inefficient online booking system, which does not allow cancellations and have no means to deal with no-show ups. 

Do you happen to know if walk-ins are an option? 

Best,
C

Originally posted by Mineiro_Alem�o Mineiro_Alem�o wrote:

What´s your status in Brazil?

Do you have a Work Visa or Permanent Visa (Permanência) ? I´m not sure if Work Visa holders get a CTPS, because they got the visa and can´t change the employer without permission, so it doesn´t make sence to me they would get a CTPS too.

Do you have already your foreigners ID (CIE)? Probably not. Then you´ll need a letter of confirmation form the Polícia Federal, confirming your legal presence in Brazil, with that you can apply for your CTPS at the Ministério de Trabalho. But as you are in São Paulo you´ll need an apointment at the MTE in order to apply there. Go personally to the headquater and get your appointment.

Or try this site for an online appointment:
http://saa.mte.gov.br/

CTPS para Estrangeiros:
http://portal.mte.gov.br/ctps/estrangeiro.htm

Cool
Grads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2013 at 15:27
When I got mine a few years ago in Rio Claro, interior SP, I just walked in with the necessary docs and filled out the form. 20 minutes later I had my carteira in hand. Of course, I could prove my address in a nearby city. Many things in the Capital just take longer, and I am glad I can prove this address in order to have some things done easier in the interior. I do not know if they would accept your application if you do not live in their region or if you would mind appx 2 hour drive from Sampa. 

good luck
Quem puxa os seus nao degenara.
puha0941 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puha0941 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2013 at 15:41

Thank you so much! Would I be able to get their phone number if I google?
I would like to call them before to make sure they will process it even though I do not live in their region. 

Best,
C
tbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2013 at 16:01
If you know someone who owns a property outside São Paulo capital, you could ask them to sign a Comprovante de Residência at a cartório.  It only costs five or six reais.  You could then make a trip to their town and apply.  I dont think that it needs to be several hundred kilometers from SP;  some of the cities that border the capital probably have a separate MTE representation covering their region.

This is definitely an advantage to living in a small town.  Here where I live - a town of 240,00- -  I never waited in line when I went to places like Receita Federal or MTE.  The people who work there are snoozing big time most of the day.

Edited by tbird - 22 November 2013 at 16:04
Grads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2013 at 16:17
try this site, especially for estrangeiros:

it is not specifically Rio Claro, but it is the government, and it does provide all the info you need.

tbird is right... and you may not need to go too far out of the city to find an office of the"Ministério do Trabalho e Emprego." You must, however, find an office which is authorized to process estrangeiros, and these are in cities somewhat larger than just towns.

good luck.
Quem puxa os seus nao degenara.
Mineiro_Alemão View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mineiro_Alemão Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2013 at 08:57
Did you try POUPA TEMPO in SP ? Not sure if they also authorized to issue CTPS for Foreigners !?!? But worth a try.

Still, I´m not sure what a foreigner with work visa does need a CTPS for!?!?! Confused
He´s got his work authorization already through the visa, so why the CTPS ????

man of leisure View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote man of leisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2013 at 09:55
I am wondering the same, MA. I think he is asking for something he does not need and that the blind are leading blind!
WilliButz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliButz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2013 at 10:38
No, poupatempo does not do it. Tried.

Only the main branch in Martins Fontes... and yes, sometimes the online stuff works... if i would have scheduled yesterday, i would have got an appointment on 12-12. Not too bad :-)

Cheers
Willi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic