Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Investing in Brazil
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coconut Tree Plantation Investing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 33>
Author
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gringo.Floripa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 18:19

Plagiarizing a photo skimmed off the internet, to post on their 'company' web site (key word: Liquid Invest)?!?  LOL  LOL  LOL

This shell game even surpasses the fish farm scam someone was trying to hoist on here a few years ago!

Edited by Gringo.Floripa - 28 December 2012 at 18:30
Sponsored Links

agri2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agri2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 06:39
This is great stuff posted by oil&gas.
I have noticed that the suits from Liquid drain has been very quite, wonder why??
Religion allows people by the billions to believe things only lunatics could believe on their own.
Liquid-Invest View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid-Invest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 10:19
Originally posted by GreatBallsoFire GreatBallsoFire wrote:

Originally posted by oil&gas oil&gas wrote:

How honest they are with their visual information, have a look at this picture:

Yes, that's a picture of the Liquid - Unique Fazendas Ltda "Fazenda Lagoa Grande" - the project - as we can see here, the left picture:

Faz. Lagoa Grande

Very impressive I think.
But, Oh my God, now they will have to sew the government of Sri Lanka or the "tropicalclimate.org" also. Stolen pictures !
Look at the 2nd picture on this site:

A coconut plantation - Sri Lanka

Amazing how far they go fooling their clients and investors.
And us !
Using the pictures of somebody else as if they are yours, showing something as if it's yours but it isn't.
For commercial purposes.
Showing something that isn't yours and trying to sell it ?

I'm not afraid to call this FRAUD.

Pictures of a coconut farm in Sri Lanka? Perhaps the Federal Police need to be notified of this operation.
Great job oil&gas!

This was just a generic coconut picture and we had never claimed that it was our plantation. We even have a video with a helicopter tour of our actual plantation and posted the link on here, so you are grasping at straws here once again as you cannot find a shred of evidence to back up your ludicrous claims.

The most ironic part of this discussion is that you have been accusing us of not being genuine, when in reality it is the other way around, you have no desire to do anything other than try to prove your fantastical preconception that we are not real. You care only to win an argument and are not interested in truth.

We will not waste time discussing our project with dishonest parties looking to fuel their own egos rather than actually make an impartial decision on a project to help any would be investors.

While you stay here in your dishonesty, congratulating each other for standing firm on your ill informed presumptions, we will continue to make money for our clients and ourselves.

Good bye
oil&gas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oil&gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 11:54
Originally posted by Liquid-Invest Liquid-Invest wrote:

While you stay here in your dishonesty, congratulating each other for standing firm on your ill informed presumptions, we will continue to make money for our clients and ourselves.
Good bye

"OURSELVES", yes, that was also my conclusion.

Only "OURSELVES" I think.

Originally posted by FallsCityMan FallsCityMan wrote:

The investment is US $60K for two hectares of freehold land. The plantation management company takes care of everything for 30% of profits. Return to investor does not start until after year four. A 36% per cent return is projected at that point. (17% IRR) The coconut is primarily for biodiesel that is supposed to be of the highest quality.

Here is a link to the full details.
http://www3.liquid-investments.com/l/16502/2012-10-15/3vkq/16502/7571/Coconut_brochure_2012.pdf

Continuing with numbers.
What they promise:

Investment 2 ha = US$ 60.000,00

After 5 years anual return = US$ 43,200,00
BR Tax ( 15 %) = US$ 6.480,00
Cropcare (fixed amount) US$ 6.120,00
Management Fee (30 %) = US$ 9179,00
Net. Profit = US$ 21.417,00/year

Numb3rs.
Let’s go back to earlier information.
They plan to put 160 coconut trees/ha so 2 hect. will give 320 trees.
Production is some 150 fruits/tree/year.
So anual production on our 2 ha will be 48.000 coconuts.
Anual $$$ return (US$ 43.200,00) must come from coconuts.

Price for one (01) coconut must be: US$ 43.200 / 48.000 = US$ 0,90
Now US$ 1,00 = R$ 2.07.
One coconut should be sold at the farm for R$ 1,87.

But the market price now is only R$ 0,30.(= 16% of the Liquid dream price).
This is today US$ 0,14 /coconut
The coconut price must multiply by 6.5 ( x 6.5) to give this expected (?) Net. Profit.

What would be the situation of an investor ( or victim) today ?
Considering ownership of 2 hectare “Happy” Liquid Asset – Unique LQD Farming bla-bla-bla.land

TODAY

Anual sales 2 ha = 48.000 coconuts x R$ 0,30 = R$ 14.400,00 = US 6956,00.
BR Tax ( 15 %) = - US$ 1.053,50
Cropcare (fixed amount) - US$ 6.120,00
Management Fee (30 %) = - US$ 2868,80
Net. Profit = - US$ 3.086,03/year

Yes MINUS, - US$ 3.000,00 each year.
The investors have to pay $ 3000 a year ..

THERE WILL BE NO PROFITS, NEVER !

I wount say coconut growing has no future.
I think it has a great furure, but not this way.

Liquid and Unique Coco dreams are just LITTLE guys, but BIG criminals.

Who called the police ?????

Edited by oil&gas - 29 December 2012 at 12:03
spongebob View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 12:03
They'll probably change their name to something else if they need to. A fantasy name can be changed almost immediately.

The correct wording to have in here, I think, would be "coconunt" "investment" "returns" "%" "Brazil" "Brasil"

They could possibly be legit, but the ROI isn't all that great. And what if there'sa drought or plant disease or other vermin? The general rule I've seen for most retail outfits is 25% NET profit/yearly. So for every R$100 they make, they keep R$ 25.

-
** Just sayin' **
** Make lemonaid out of lemons. **
** Trolls get old...**
oil&gas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oil&gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 12:50
Originally posted by Earl Earl wrote:

Hello All -
My name is Earl. I am new here. Although I'm traveling to Brazil since 2001, in the past I tried investing in the NE but projects fell thru because of bad management and untrusting employees. But today, I am researching another investment in Coconut Tree Plantations. The Coconut Plantation is located in the NE and I am one of several investors. We hope to make a profit from the venture by Coconut harvesting and buying 5 acres in the project. The anticipated first harvest is around 2015.

The company is offering us (investors) the opportunity to purchase small plots within the plantation and the lead investor we will manage our plot and sell the produce on our behalf. The company says they already own 2,500+ Acres of land and have 65 Acres already in production, harvesting approx 25,000 coconuts per month.

The company name is Liquid Asset Property and the senior adviser on this project is Thomas Connell.

Their website is: www.the-liquid.com

Thanks in advance for your honest and forthright comments.

Earl ... ???
You started the thread here.
Any opinion ? ... ????
Gringo.Floripa View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gringo.Floripa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 15:39

The investment is US $60K for two hectares of freehold land.

So in other words, if using a flat 2:1 exchange rate, that's R$60.000,00 per hectare.

Consider the following chart, of the 'median' price, per hectare, of agricultural land in the various states of Brasil.  Source is the magazine GloboRural (Aug 2012).  

Oh yeah, just to be fair, behind Door #2 are supposedly some coconut palms, and also some 'modern technology'.  Although photos on web site are noticeably lacking the equipment needed to perform 'modern' techniques....  Confused

spongebob View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 17:24
Gringo.Flo - yes a HUGE ripoff. Thanks for pointing that out statistically-speaking.

Oil&Gas - don't be tooo shocked about the administration fee. It's common, but usually in areas where they *consistentely* make ABOVE AVERAGE returns such as hedge funds, currencies, stocks, etc...

Possibly a true-non-ripoff investment: I mentioned in a different thread about a lanchonette franchise with a very nice business model. There're STILL a lot to confirm, but the geographic area I'd like to get would cost around R$ 900,000 or more (that's everything with the installations). And this is  a large geographic area in Minas, not just 1-2 fazendas, more like 9-10 different cities, long-term. If everything is about go forward I would put together a bonafide prospectus.  Remember, results can not be guaranteed, but 20%-25%/annually is very common in retail-terms in Brazil.

I guess what I'm saying is hold onto your money. I'm still in the initial stages, but if this goes through it would make a great investment, especially for someone wanting on investor visa. No mobsters are allowed !

Edited by spongebob - 29 December 2012 at 17:27
-
** Just sayin' **
** Make lemonaid out of lemons. **
** Trolls get old...**
oil&gas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oil&gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2012 at 06:11
Waste of time.
I think we can find here what's going on:

Quote Land Banking Companies

Why the majority of them are (legal) scams

WARNING: Worthless Land for Sale in -

Brazil (this is the big one right now)

Turkey
Cyprus
Ukraine
Caymen Islands
Costa Rica
Indonesia

New Warning: Watch out for land for sale in sunny countries that comes with planning permission.

The scam right now is to sell these at greatly inflated prices, perhaps 1,000%-5,000% over their true value.

Coconut plantations in Brazil is also one of the recent cons

For example, say you have a scam company selling plots of land in North East Brazil that will 'soon' rocket in value........

Scams - Coconut plantations in Brazil
oil&gas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oil&gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2012 at 06:29
I think it's time for a blue pin in Brazil.
Zoom-Out to the worldmap:

Penman and Sommerlad Investigate Map

Edited by oil&gas - 30 December 2012 at 06:31
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 33>
  Share Topic