Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Visas and Documentation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passport not stamped

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passport not stamped
    Posted: 06 August 2012 at 18:58
I entered Brazil 2 weeks ago on a tourist visa. This is my first visit to Brazil and I was with my Brazilian Girlfriend who insisted we go to the Brazilian line for immigration. At the immigration desk the girl who checked my passport was so engrossed in conversation with my GF that it would appear that she forgot to stamp entry on my passport.

The thing is that it was always my intention to overstay in Brazil by 12/18 months as my work is internet based, then when we are settled we were to marry here and I would get permanent status. What I do not fully understand is what implications may come from not having my passport stamped. On one hand it means I could tell the immigration I had entered the country much much later than I actually did {e.g. I have only been in Brazil 2 weeks}, hence no issue with overstay, return to Europe for a few weeks and then back to Brazil with nearly 6 months to play with as a tourist? Or would this be a huge problem in the future?

Is this a common problem with passport stamping here?

I have looked around the forum but did not really get any insight on this type of situation.

I really need some input from someone who knows this process, hoping someone might be able to offer some advice?

Thank you
Sponsored Links

man of leisure View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man of leisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 19:42
Did she stamp your landing card and give the exit counterfoil back to you?
jacare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 21:09
Don't throw out your boarding pass.
Em rio de piranha jacare nada de costas.
gringonovo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gringonovo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 00:33
Just because they didn't stamp the passport doesn't mean she didn't run it in the computer, that's all that matters anyways. If she got caught up in a conversation she might have forgotten but still scanned the passport. If she stamped the entry card then the prazo is the same regardless of what was done to the passport.
jubilee6936 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jubilee6936 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 02:56
They stamped my passport and entered a date into the computer, but the guy put the wrong date into the computer. I nearly missed my plane with the investigation by the police when trying to leave. Shocked
There's an angel standing in the sun.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic