Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Hello!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brazilian Citizen in UK 2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilian2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brazilian Citizen in UK 2012
    Posted: 07 May 2012 at 23:14
Hello everyone here,

Let me go straight to the point, my question is: Iam a Brazilian Citizen and Just moved to London, am trying to get my work permit to work here as a nurse, but seems to be a little bit hard and confusing.
I used to live in USA, so got great references from there, never got involved in any illegal matter, also can speak fluent English, got an American certificate to prove that.

Any ideas?

Thanx for your time and help,

Junior

Edited by Brazilian2012 - 07 May 2012 at 23:16
Sponsored Links

man of leisure View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man of leisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 06:40
You need to find a sponsor willing to hire your under the Tier 2 (General) immigration category. If you find a sponsor you will need to apply for the relevant visa from Brazil. In fact there are no legitimate immigration categories available to you from inside the UK as switching into all other categories (inc marriage) from a visitor visa is not permitted.

Unfortunately, even qualified nurses (I guess that you aren't one by UK registration standards) are not a shortage occupation so you will not get a sponsor or a visa in this category.
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/

Edited by man of leisure - 08 May 2012 at 07:05
NICB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NICB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 14:40
Why would you expect the Brits to give a visa and job to someone with non EU qualifications when they don't have enough jobs for their own citizens? Do you have very rare and sought after skills?

Edited by NICB - 30 July 2012 at 08:46
Brazilian2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilian2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 03:26
Very helpful!
One day if you get in the same situation, you let me know...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic