Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Off Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

US Banking Abroad - FATCA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gringo.Floripa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 16:03

Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

or people can give up US Citizenship and continue being law-abiding citizens where they live. It's a shame it has to come to this.

Hey Bob... someone has beat ya to the punch!

Facebook Co-Founder Renounces US Citizenship

Edited by Gringo.Floripa - 11 May 2012 at 16:04
Sponsored Links

Gringo.Floripa View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gringo.Floripa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:42

So I've been reading how in the US people want to see Saverin hung as a traitor. Interesting to read (according to Saverin) WHY he renounced. In a word: FACTA.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook-co-founder--america-is-ok--it%E2%80%99s-the-rules-that-are-a-pai.html
spongebob View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 19:56
common, this guy savarin was born brazilian, so US citizenship was more of a headache than it's worth. Why does he need to be a US citizen if he never plans to live there, and all it would do is give him a big tax bill? Sometimes this witch hunt over americans abroad reminds me of mccarthy era zealotry. I really recommend that www.isaacbrocksociety.com ,, those guys hunt down all of the articles pertaining to this issue. ,, and 3casas, there are many simple people on there, like schoolteachers that renounce and say WHY they did it.
-
** Just sayin' **
** Make lemonaid out of lemons. **
** Trolls get old...**
spongebob View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 23:26
An additional message before I click out tonight: I have been witnessing some FUNDAMENTAL changes in the exchange rates - not specifically Brazil - but the same thing ends up happening here. It's shocking, things that have been working for 5-10 years aren't working anymore. Amazing....

Get ready Boris, Dunga, 3casas, GF, Gringo.RudeCandadian - don't hire the un-needed employee. Batten down the hatches! The REAL is going down. How this will affect our everyday lives, I don't have enough data YET. All I can see is the Real going lower, after a bounce or two. (yeah, there will probably be a bounce tomorrow or Thursday.) And it's not just the Real or the Euro. It loos like the dollar will be in vogue for the next 10 or so years, possilbly more. So if you see a temporary dip, buy the dollar. Who could have believed that that 3-4 years ago?? We will witness this only a few times in our lifetimes, so this is a big moment.

yeah, I'll stick my neck out there and say it, since I only use this handle. Really, things are changing... check it out for yourselves...

Edited by spongebob - 15 May 2012 at 23:31
-
** Just sayin' **
** Trolls get old...**
Gringodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gringodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 01:41
I'm fairly certain most 'pats have enough liquid bucks to enjoy the crashing real! I sure as hell know I've been waiting! 2.5 3.5 let's doooo it!
Fortaleza-Newf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fortaleza-Newf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 03:07
Celebrate good times c'mon!
spongebob View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 09:10
I don't even know how to express myself over this FATCA. Most counties have some sort of law that protects people from discrimination based on race, religion, or national origin. The US is asking these banks and countries to break their own laws to try to find US Citizens.

IMO, the US has REALLY lost sight. I guess that's what happens when you give to much power to government.

-
** Just sayin' **
** Trolls get old...**
Grads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 09:13
Sponge....Did you write your congressman to express your sentiments?
Quem puxa os seus nao degenara.
spongebob View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 11:04
hell no. Why should I ? This is an ongoing thing that has been going on since the early 60's and just gets worse.

I gave up all hope... now I'm just waiting for Brazilian citizenship.

-
** Just sayin' **
** Trolls get old...**
OldMiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:52
Originally posted by Grads Grads wrote:

Sponge....Did you write your congressman to express your sentiments?
What exactly would that accomplish? The PTB have made it clear that they don't give a tinker's cuss what we think, about anything.
"Curious that we elect incompetent politicians, then complain they're incompetent. Perhaps what we all need is more mirrors." - Neil Degrasse Tyson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic