Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Visas and Documentation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CIE Process

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewfroboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 11:46
Well that sucks, how much is the fine if I don't go in time? I really don't want to trek out there to renew and again to pick up the card if its not ready. Ridiculously long process to get this card, glad I at least got the visa at the consulate in the US, I hate Lapa

Edited by andrewfroboy - 05 April 2012 at 11:47
Sponsored Links

TarkInBrazil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TarkInBrazil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 15:12
Hey guys.

What's a protocolo?  At what point in the process do I get this?

I got married and I went to the PF, and I received a piece of paper with my picture on it.  It says Nucleo de Registro de Estrangeiros.  The same number appears on my carteria de trabajo.  I can put this number into the link here, and it just blinks.

I haven't had my visit yet.

So...  can someone tell me where I'm messed up here?
Mineiro_Alemão View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mineiro_Alemão Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2012 at 11:02
Originally posted by TarkInBrazil TarkInBrazil wrote:

Hey guys.

What's a protocolo?  At what point in the process do I get this?

I got married and I went to the PF, and I received a piece of paper with my picture on it.  It says Nucleo de Registro de Estrangeiros.

THAT piece of paper is the PROTOCOLO, it´s a reciept that you successfully applied for the PERMANÊNCIA (permanent visa).

But as far as I know the LINK mentioned abouve is regardinding the CIE (foreigners ID card), you didn´t yet apply for it. You have to wait untill your permanent visa has been published, only then you´ll register and also apply for the CIE.

I can put this number into the link here

In order to check the status of your PERMANÊNCIA application I suggest to use this LINK:

http://portal.mj.gov.br/data/Pages/MJ1C684B92ITEMID857642E424BA450FB23C694F67B340DBPTBRNN.htm

I haven't had my visit yet.

When did you apply and recived the protocollo?

It´s possible they don´t visit you at all. Usually it takes between 3 and 6 months, sometimes they show up within days after the application. So noone can say when and if they´ll make a visit.

Don´t worry, you´ve done your part, now the only thing you can do is wait untill your process is published in the DOU (Diário Oficial da União).

Smile

Catarinense View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catarinense Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 08:15
Great site.  Thanks for posting the link.  On my CIE renewal, the "situacao" diz "Disponivel para entrega." 
So, I wonder if that means that it's already at my local DPF or if it is ready to be sent from Brasila to my local DPF?   Interesting part is that the same little box on the page says the info was atualizada on Spet. 9, 2011.  Surely it doesn't mean my card has been at the the local DPF all this time.  I try to call every 3 weeks or so and they always tell me, "Nao chegou."    gggrrrrrrrr!
Gringo.Floripa View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gringo.Floripa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 10:11
Originally posted by Catarinense Catarinense wrote:

I try to call every 3 weeks or so and they always tell me, "Nao chegou."

YMMV there in the serra, but I was getting the same line, and at the suggestion of another gringo, stopped by the PF one day to inquire about my card.  The other gringo told me that if asked if I'd received notice it was in, to just say yes.  I did precisely that, the attendant left the counter, and a few minutes later returned with my card.

tamte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 10:40
Originally posted by Gringo.Floripa Gringo.Floripa wrote:

Originally posted by Catarinense Catarinense wrote:

I try to call every 3 weeks or so and they always tell me, "Nao chegou."

YMMV there in the serra, but I was getting the same line, and at the suggestion of another gringo, stopped by the PF one day to inquire about my card.  The other gringo told me that if asked if I'd received notice it was in, to just say yes.  I did precisely that, the attendant left the counter, and a few minutes later returned with my card.

Gotta love BRAZIIIIILLLLL.

That makes perfectly sense (of course not), but in Brazil yesLOLLOL

I went to pick it up the first business day on Jan this year.
It was printed 29th of Sep 2011. I just waited the 6 months as they told when applying. That was the time the protocolo was valid so if no card you need to renew the protocolo.

Edited by tamte - 09 April 2012 at 10:42
life's too short to be living without you, babe.
TarkInBrazil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TarkInBrazil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 11:53
Thanks for the info, bro.

Originally posted by Mineiro_Alemão Mineiro_Alemão wrote:

THAT piece of paper is the PROTOCOLO, it´s a reciept that you successfully applied for the PERMANÊNCIA (permanent visa).

Thought so.  Just making sure.

But as far as I know the LINK mentioned abouve is regardinding the CIE (foreigners ID card), you didn´t yet apply for it. You have to wait untill your permanent visa has been published, only then you´ll register and also apply for the CIE.

I figured as much.  Thought there must be another step there.

In order to check the status of your PERMANÊNCIA application I suggest to use this LINK:

http://portal.mj.gov.br/data/Pages/MJ1C684B92ITEMID857642E424BA450FB23C694F67B340DBPTBRNN.htm

Okay.  When I do that, I get this in response:

Am I doing it right?

It´s possible they don´t visit you at all. Usually it takes between 3 and 6 months, sometimes they show up within days after the application. So noone can say when and if they´ll make a visit.

Don´t worry, you´ve done your part, now the only thing you can do is wait untill your process is published in the DOU (Diário Oficial da União).

How do I know when that happens?

Edited by TarkInBrazil - 09 April 2012 at 11:54

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catarinense Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 16:12
Went by and saw Mr. "Mansinho" from my local DPF and he re-affirmed that my card was not there yet.  Wacko   I showed him the printout from the previously posted link and he told me it just meant that it was ready to be sent out from Brasilia.  WHAT?????  It was dated Sept. 9, 2011!!!!  How can it take over 7 months to MAIL a card from Brasilia to SC?  Angry  [not a happy camper]

richsa05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richsa05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 18:13
Originally posted by Ferguson21 Ferguson21 wrote:

This is the link btw:
https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/pesquisaAndamentoProcesso.jsp

Thanks for the link, i inputted my protocol number and it came back with the following info:

Órgão de Recebimento: DELEMIG/BA
Situação: Enviada para unidade DPF.
Data de Atualização: 16/03/2012

So im assuming that it got sent to the PF, just hope it was the PF in SP/Lapa

Will try to see if it arrived in the next week or so.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catarinense Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 10:57
I went back to the DPF and Mr. "Mansinho" looked up my protocol after showing him the printout from the FP CIE site.  He informed me that  apparently my CIE was mailed to Amazonas.  Looks like somebody forgot to enter my new address and PROPERLY update their PF databse  back in July when I requested to renew my CIE  at the DPF <do-o-o-o-e-e!>   I won't mention any names - but has something to do w somebody who is very "manso" w americanos.   Bra-s-s-i-i-i-l-l-l-l-l-l-l !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic