Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Travel in Brazil
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chocofest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkij12185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chocofest
    Posted: 22 March 2012 at 22:46
I need a long weekend and I think this might be a great excuse (chocolate factory tours, chocolate parade, "Maquiagem de Chocolate"...what's there not to like?)

I see it as Hershey Chocolate World...only in Southern Brazil not amish
country, slammed into a few days and without the amusement park rides.

Anyone been?  How was it?

Sponsored Links

sven View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 00:06
Been where?
3casas View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3casas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 07:58
http://www.chocofest.com.br/

just looking at the site made me want to toss my cookies. 
it looks very much Hershey Park, minus the amish peanut brittle and hats (thanks, i hadn't thought of that in yonks) but more disney cutesy-ish, lots of slobbering children.... shudder.... reminds me of that time we went on vacation during children's day and the hotel was filled with kids spending the weekend with Turma da Monica... eeeew.

On the other hand, I was thinking of driving down there to pick apples recently, and that I could handle.  Also side trip to Eisenbahn brewery....
nikkij12185 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkij12185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 08:48
Where can you pick apples?
3casas View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3casas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 20:49
i don't know, exactly, have heard that down in the gramado area there are a lot of apple farms, some tio of mine works as a migrant apple picker and was supposed to give me some idea, but we ended up not making contact.  actually last year driving down near Toledo PR (cidade da maša!) i thought there might be some places that looked promising, though i have never actually seen "pick your own" for apples (veggies yes, but not apples).  And then there is the ShangriLa of the blueberry farm out near Ponta Grossa that I have never found, but that I do believe exists.
(i have no frigging clue, but will continue to dream.  i might even drive south, have a beer or two, and drive home defeated.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic