Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Off Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amsterdam ... Wow !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2012 at 18:42
I have been visiting Amsterdam a over a long time, and still I love it. The live sex theaters (which Esprit so richly describes) are only a small part of the life of the old red light and surrounding district. Everyone should be as fortunate as Sven to have lived in this area, at least for a time. The sex aspect is only a carnival side show, which is greatly overrated. There is so much more to see and do, and it is ONE of the most colorful and interesting city places to go in Europe. It is even more interesting if one takes the time to learn something of the history of the Dutch and the city itself....not to mention the bike riding, dining, museums and shopping.

My early memories of there are still vivid, in spite of the prism of a sometimes loaded Moroccan brain at the time. I remember the smoky bars and people from everywhere mingling in an international mish-mash of conviviality. It is almost as if people of the world can somehow become a part of you. It is a place of rich experiences, at least for me and once upon a time. Many ships have passed there in the night.

But time changes everything, and the red light district has changed since my early days, but I have too. I am more mature and "worldly,", but I never tire of exploring and being there, as well as other sights in the city. It is a great place.

I have traveled much throughout Europe, and I sincerely say, “Amsterdam...WOW.”   

I guess if I live long enough, I’ll be offering wandering nostalgia of Brasil as well...Gringo traveling.
Quem puxa os seus nao degenara.
Sponsored Links

Gringodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gringodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 00:32
Quote I have been visiting Amsterdam a over a long time, and still I love it. The live sex theaters (which Esprit so richly describes)

Minus the description from the quack, you can see live sex shoes in SP
Fortaleza-Newf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fortaleza-Newf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 00:52
Who needs chicks when one can own their very own sex shoes. Clogs got nothing on them!
Paulistano USA View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulistano USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 10:15
Sex shoes in São Paulo might give your toes a nasty rash.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gringodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 11:52
Oh man! I'm dying right now! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I meant sex shoWs... sorry!
Esprit View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esprit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 12:22
Originally posted by Gringodude Gringodude wrote:

Quote I have been visiting Amsterdam a over a long time, and still I love it. The live sex theaters (which Esprit so richly describes)

There are just two varieties of sex shoes that I know of: The white six-inch high heels known as, ‘fu*k me shoes’ often worn by ladies in the townships of the southern English county of Essex and, of course, the ubiquitous knee-high rubber boot known as the Wellington boot wherein the hind legs of sheep are conveniently accommodated during coitus; a dubious pleasure that is allegedly enjoyed by both Welshmen and New Zealanders.   

Alcohol - because no great story started with someone eating a salad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gringodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 12:29
Paulistano USA View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulistano USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 09:35
Originally posted by Esprit Esprit wrote:

Originally posted by Gringodude Gringodude wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-ansi-: EN-GB">There are just two varieties of sex shoes that I know of: The white six-inch high heels known as, ‘fu*k me shoes’ often worn by ladies in the townships of the southern English county of Essex and, of course, the ubiquitous knee-high rubber boot known as the Wellington boot wherein the hind legs of sheep are conveniently accommodated during coitus; a dubious pleasure that is allegedly enjoyed by both Welshmen and New Zealanders.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">    </SPAN><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

They make the same joke in rural Pennsylvania about hip boots! Too funny.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic