Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Visas and Documentation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

‘Atestado de Antecedentes Criminais’

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ‘Atestado de Antecedentes Criminais’
    Posted: 21 January 2012 at 08:48
My Brasilian wife is going through the process to return to Australia with me, permanently, via an Australian Partner Visa.

Anyway, she needs her criminal clearance records at both the State and Federal level in Brasil. The Australian Consulate said she needs to go to the Federal Justice Ministry and the State Justice Department. My wife says she needs to go to police stations, Federal and State (Civil), but the Consulate refers to a Ministry and a Department, so I am confused, as they seem to me, to be different things.

Can anyone clarify this, and if anyone has gone through this process of obtaining a
‘Atestado de Antecedentes Criminais’, especially for an Australian Partner visa, can they explain exactly what they did and how long it took. I would be very appreciative.

Many thanks
Sponsored Links

Ferguson21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferguson21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 08:58
https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sinic-certidao/emitirCertidao.html
Richard V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 09:59

I have the links already, sent to me by the Australian Consulate. I just want someone to explain the procedure in English  as my Portuguese is not so advanced, and google translator just jumbles anything of this nature.

Thanks

man of leisure View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man of leisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 12:33
Originally posted by Richard V Richard V wrote:

I just want someone to explain the procedure in English  as my Portuguese is not so advanced,

You mentioned previously that you wife was Brazilian. She can't read Portuguese?
Richard V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 15:18
Gosh, I should have thought of that!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic