Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Visas and Documentation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CIE renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mineiro_Alemão Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CIE renewal
    Posted: 14 December 2010 at 14:05
I had to go to the PF to renew my CIE, wich expires next Friday. So I want to thell you guys how it went and which documents I needed. Because the PF website information is not very usefull.

The website mentions the following:

Renovação de Cédula de Identidade de Estrangeiro - CIE

Documentos/Requisitos necessários 

1. Preenchimento do Formulário 154, disponível nas unidades da Polícia Federal
  2. Apresentação da CIE - cédula de identidade original e cópia autenticada da cédula
  3. Apresentar comprovante de pagamento da GRU– Guia de Recolhimento da União Pagamento da taxa de R$ 124,23 (código 140120) através da GRU – Guia de Recolhimento da União
  4. Duas fotos 3x4, recentes, de frente, com fundo claro

Atenção!

• O estrangeiro menor de idade deverá apresentar-se acompanhado dos pais ou responsável legal.
  • Os pedidos de renovação das cédulas devem ser feitos antes do vencimento do documento, sob pena de pagamento de multa.
  • Estão dispensados da substituição da CIE, mesmo após o vencimento, os estrangeiros portadores de vistos permanentes, que tenham participado de recadastramento anterior e que tenham completado 60 anos até a data de vencimento da cédula ou sejam deficientes físicos.

Important is to apply for a new CIE before the old one expires, otherwise the PF will fine you.

As mentioned above the application fee is R$ 124,23 to be paid through a GRU-Funapol (payment slip). The GRU can be issued and printed online here:

http://https://www2.dpf.gov.br/gru/gru?nac=1

140120  Taxa  CARTEIRA DE ESTRANGEIRO DE PRIMEIRA VIA 124,23

The fee should be paid at any bank before going to the PF and applying for the new CIE.

I had to present the following documents:

- Payment Slip with proof of payment.
- 2 recent photos 3x4
- Passport with xerox of the id-page and the page(s) with Brazilian entry/exit stamps

The application form is handed out at the PF, to fill in a few personal data. The PF will also take fingerprints to complete the process.

All done they issue a protocollo with photo, valid for 180 days.

According to the offical, they will send a postcard to the home address, informing when the new CIE is ready to be picked up at the PF.

Edited by Mineiro_Alemão - 14 December 2010 at 14:09

Sponsored Links

3casas View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3casas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 15:18
thassit?  no sworn copies of your mother's birth certificate or some unobtainable document from the police?
(or, the potentially stupid question....) is there some other (secret) process for renewing your permanencia, or is it actually permanente?  this seems too simple to be possible.
DUNGA View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUNGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 15:38
Mine was even easier  I guess. No xeroxs from the passport and only one fingerprint. They told me to check once in a while for the CIE card but I didn`t, so they called. Only about six weeks. I feel like they are letting me in the club. Next, the secret decoder ring.
Mineiro_Alemão View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mineiro_Alemão Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 06:57
Originally posted by 3casas 3casas wrote:

is there some other (secret) process for renewing your permanencia,

It´s not to renew the PERMANÊNCIA, if you are married to a Brazilian citizen or have a Brazilian child, the PERMANÊNCIA is PERMANENT.

What needs to be renewed is the CIE (ID card) ! Wink

3casas View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3casas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 08:21
i repeat, it sounds deceptively simple.
perhaps they save the hidden axes and pit traps for when you go to pick up the card.
wombat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wombat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 20:24
RENEWING CIE (RG) WHEN OVER AGE 60?????Wink.
I read on the Brazil policia federal site- FAC, that if you have a CIE already and it expires after you are 60 years old that it is not necessary to renew any more.

Has anyone over 60  gone out of the country and then came back with an expired CIE card????

it is fine and well on paper on the PF website, but do the immigration authorities or airlines, for example, know that this is so?

I was at the PF last friday and my card expires in 5 months- he said i could renew it anytime before it expires but did not mention that i dont need to. later i read that it is not necessary, but may be optional.
thanks,
wombat
Mineiro_Alemão View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mineiro_Alemão Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 06:47
Originally posted by wombat wombat wrote:

RENEWING CIE (RG) WHEN OVER AGE 60?????Wink.
I read on the Brazil policia federal site- FAC, that if you have a CIE already and it expires after you are 60 years old that it is not necessary to renew any more.

No personal experience, I saw the information too, when I renewed my CIE in December. But I guess it means if you are over 60 you can apply for a CIE that does not expire anymore.

Because knowing the Brazilian "burrocracia" I wouldn´t risk to carry or even show an expired ID card to any offical. They would just see it´s expired, so they consider you illegal. And then trying to explain that you don´t have to renew the CIE anymore, will be a difficult task. Confused

I would recomend that you pay the PF a visit, to make sure if it´s ok not to renew the CIE anymore or if you have to apply for one that´s not expiring anymore.

Smile

DUNGA View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUNGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 07:56
I just renewed my CIE last March and the new card doesn't have an expiration date. I assumed this was because I would be over sixty when nine years was up. 
wombat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wombat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 08:25
Dunga ,Alemao and fellow gringos,

You have shed some light on the adventure yet to come with the PF. Thanks,
My portuguese is ok, but I didnt understand reading the part that you could apply for one that doesnt expire anymore. I will ask again here, (Ilheus, Bahia PF) but I think I will just go get the form, pay the fee and renew it for  one with whatever date they decide to put on it.
Last friday when I was there, a friend picked up his first CIE and he is 59 and his date says indeterminado or something like that.
When I think about my age 65, maybe I will expire before the new card?
How long did it take to get your new card after you apply, and do they give you a protocolo with 6 months or 2 years or what? I was told at the PF, it takes 3 or 4 months to get the new card. The more information I have about this, the better I feel, as I often go out of Brazil to work, and I would  like 2 years, before I would need to return.
Thanks,
WombatSmile
DUNGA View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUNGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 08:40
Yes, I dug mine out. It says 'indeterminado' under Validade'. Not determined, undefined.
When I renewed, the PF kept my old card (but I kept certified copies). I received a protocol that was, I believe, valid for six months and renewable, but the card was ready in about six weeks. I posted about all this in a 'renewing CIE' thread.

Best Luck!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic