Gringoes.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brazil > Visas and Documentation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Certidão de andamento de processo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGTrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Certidão de andamento de processo
    Posted: 05 July 2010 at 13:17
My 2 years work visa is expiring next week, 3 months ago my request for visa renewal was duly registered and I have the protocol in my hands.

2 months ago I have also asked the despachante that is handling my visa renewal (hired by the company I work for) to provide me a "Certidão de andamento de processo" or "Certidão de processo em tramite" at the PF in Sao Paulo, 1 month ago they said that my request did not appear in the computer systems yet and again today the same answer. I find it very strange that after 3 months my request is still on a piece o paper, given that  other participants in this forum were able to get it 2-3 weeks after requesting the visa (i.e. receiving the protocol).

I am starting to be worried that someone at the Justice Ministry or Federal Police has lost my paperwork. Any suggestions on how long it usually takes to get this certificate and what should I do to speed up the process? I need the certificate to renew my Brazilian driving license.

Thank you 
Sponsored Links

Paulistano USA View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulistano USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2010 at 17:49
That is strange, I was given a Certidao de Andamento as soon as I filed my paperwork to START the visa process!!!! It is a simple letter. It was commandeered by the good folks at the Ministerio de Trabalho when I went for my Carteira de Trabalho.

You need to look into this!

GGTrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGTrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2010 at 13:24
Unfortunately for the renewal (prorrogação) of a work visa it is "Ministério da Justiça" and PF. I spoke with the despachante yesterday after finding my process ID in the MJ web site and they said that the problem is with the Policia Federal. I have the protocol from the MJ, but the DETRAN wants the certificate from the Federal Police. The lazy gits at the PF are delaying entering my visa renewal data in their systems, it seems like it is a common problem. As most public servants in Brazil they do not care at all about the problems they cause to the public with their laziness, since they do not pay the consequences.
DUNGA View Drop Down
Gringoes.com Guru
Gringoes.com Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUNGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2010 at 14:49
There is some kind of strike that has been going on for a while here in some area of the federal justice system. I go by a sign four times a day. Maybe you are caught in the crossfire.
teeps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 16:17
Hi Paulistano USA

I have just been issued with a certidão de tramite processal by the MTE. Do you know what I do with it? Do I take it to the DPF here in São Paulo?

thanks for all your help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic